Fellow Lake Powell Boater:
If you love Lake Powell, you should be a Lake Powell Yacht Club member. There are multitudes of issues facing Lake Powell. These issues involve the National Park Service, the concessionaire ARAMARK, environmental questions, lake safety, personal watercraft use, quagga mussel, your moorage agreement and, lest we forget, the ongoing effort to drain Lake Powell.
The Lake Powell Yacht Club provides boaters the opportunity to present a united voice representing a consensus of the Lake Powell boating public’s point of view on the issues. The strength of our voice grows with your membership. LPYC is the one entity, the one voice that will stand up for the boater and lover of Lake Powell. This is our mission.
Lake Powell Yacht Club members also receive significant other benefits such as low rates on our 100 space boat storage yard with showers/rest rooms, discounts from area merchants, 50% discount on membership to Boat/US and membership card for access to other Yacht Clubs. Members receive the club newsletter, Fore ‘n’ Aft, and reasonably advertise their boats and equipment in the newsletter and soon on our web site. Club members are also treated to several outings each year on the lake. For more details check the list below.
Unlike most yacht clubs around the country, it does not cost an arm and a leg to join LPYC. First year membership is $140, including free LPYC T-shirt or a LPYC burgee. Subsequent annual renewal is $120. Lifetime memberships are available for $1,000. Lake Powell needs your voice and we need your membership to help make that voice heard. Please contact Yacht Club Manager, Gary Yantis at 928-645-3992 to join today.
Board of Directors & Gary Yantis, General Manager
Lake Powell Yacht Club
- Boat storage at very competitive rates, minimum of $1.10 per foot-overall length ($30.00 monthly minimum). Prepayment--twelve month discount plan available.
- Storage yard facility open to allow you to work on your own boat (you receive the gate combination).
- Pressure washer available for rent in the yard (you can clean off your boat hull after use).
- Showers and restrooms in the storage yard building (you can clean up after working on your boat).
- Informative newsletter (up to 6 newsletters published per year; we keep you informed).
- Join the boaters National Lobbying Organization, BOAT/US, for half-price (take advantage of their other benefits, too).
- LPYC Membership card allows you access to other yacht clubs around the country. Discounts at various clubs; show your membership card.
- VHF communication network (volunteers will try to get you help if they can).
- Fraternal spirit (Club members are always helping other members on and off the water).
- Social functions and outings on the lake (Club and individual sponsored get-togethers).
- Discounts from participating area merchants.
- Referrals for your boating needs (use our classified section in the newsletter and on our website).
- Message center (we will try our best to connect you with the right people and businesses).
- Website containing complete Club information and e-mail access.
The LPYC meets with NPS and the concessionaires regularly to comment on and/or make recommendations about many boater issues. These issues, some past and many ongoing, include discussion about launch ramps, docks, restrooms, VHF communication, a weather channel on the VHF radio, breakwaters, navigation buoys, water quality, pump-out docks, fish cleaning stations, highway and canyon signage, courtesy docks, slip and buoy rates, PWC study and the need for on-the-water NPS park medics. We have donated money for medical training equipment, rescue equipment and relocation of pump-out docks and encouraged the dredging of the Castle Rock channel, distributed pumpout location decals lake wide. We are a founding member of Lake Powell Water Safety Council.